Dennis Group is looking for an experienced Project Architect for all of our Salt Lake City office.
About the Job
We are seeking a talented architect to support our industrial architectural practice. You will play a key role in all phases of architectural design and facility programming from proposal development through construction administration. As a Project Architect on the Dennis Group team you will:
- Prepare programming and concept development documentation to meet clients’ needs and budget
- Establish budget, task schedule, and other components of a project work plan with the Project Manager
- Execute applicable agency review analysis for codes, zoning, accessibility, life-safety, etc.
- Carry out design and architectural detailing tasks including site and building planning studies, elevation studies, stairs, functional space layouts, building sections, wall sections, special details, etc.
- Produce schematic, design development and construction documents; make decisions and negotiate critical issues in collaboration with the Project Manager and other team members
- Provide leadership to the project team (all disciplines) for documents coordination including design drawings construction documentation and specifications
- Help maintain and improve office architectural standards, details and production tools.
- Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight
- Perform construction administration duties - RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, on-site observation, etc.
- Maintain contact with clients, consultants, and contractors
- Participate in marketing efforts and lead presentations to prospective clients
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 8+ years of professional experience in all phases of architectural projects
- Architectural license desired with LEED accreditation a plus
- A broad range of commercial/industrial project experience is desired
- Experience with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is necessary. Experience with Revit is a preferred but not required.
- Advanced experience in all phases of a project including construction documentation review
- Experience directing and coordinating work efforts of junior staff
- Understanding of the project management process
- Effective verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Professional and collaborative work ethic
Candidates must be open to overnight travel not less than 25% of any given year to client facilities and construction sites.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and 401(k) plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.